I believe the photo was taken in the 1940's due to her clothes & I wanted to bring that aspect of the photo into the layout. This is definitely a pot-luck layout! Made with scraps from 3 very different lines of paper! The papers are as follows - Background: Basic Greys " Stella Ruby" line, Round Circle: Dream Street Papers "Secret Garden" line, & solid paper is From My Minds Eye" Bella Bella line. It felt good using papers left over from assorted kits & putting supplies to good use!
I used 3 shades of inks. Distress "Frayed Burlap" & Black Soot, & Adirondacks "Cranberry". All edges were inked with all 3 colors. The Black Soot was applied last to give definition to the edges.
The photo was inked & adhered to the card stock mats. I love double matting photos as it really helps the photo! The large flower was made with various punches & dies & papers uses in the layout. The edges were inked & held together with a brad. I then used gold Liquid Pearls on the brad top as a flower center. The tile work is from Basic Grey "Wassail" line & was originally burgundy. I inked it with Ranger Alcohol ink to make it black.. it only takes a quick coat of ink & wahhla..all new letters!
The edges are punched with a Martha Stewart punch & inked with all 3 colors. I then dotted the edging with gold Liquid Pearls. The butterfly is also a Martha Stewart punch.
I dotted the circle paper with black fabric paint... it almost looks like black beads when it dries! The leafy viney flourishes are made using a Sizzix decorative strip die cut in sections. As a final touch, I added some Bo Bunny rub-ons to the photo. Bo Bunny makes the best rub-ons!!
This layout was fun to do & I feel like my "scrappers block" may have left the room!!
Thanks so much for taking a peek.. you guys are the best!