Thursday, February 26, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Now try this with the ink.. it will also cover those brads that you never seem to have enough of the right color! I started with a yellow brad & 2 drop later... WALA... a black brad!
Monday, February 23, 2009
I punched a 3" strip of card stock on both sides with a Fiskars threading water punch to make the large black paper layer. A decorative strip cut with my Sizzix Big Shot from red card stock & was adhered on top. I scattered small paper flowers lightly distressed with fired brick Distress Ink on the decorative flourish & added red jewels as flower centers. These flowers were found in the bridal aisle in a tin, & are made for "table confetti". Check those bridal aisles ladies...lots of good finds!!!
I placed a punched border strip of red card stock. I added some Clear Cuts flourishes & some Love Letters journaling to the photo. Both of these are made by My Little Yellow Bicycle. The mat for the photo was originally a large "shield" paper that I cut to fit as a mat for the photo.
The larger flowers are made with various punches and dies. The layers are punched from printed papers & card stock used in layout. I have used 1 red, 1 black & 1 white Prima paper flower as a base. I added clear jewels for the centers. The title lettering is from Basic Grey Wilma & were inked with Distress Black Soot ink.
This was a fun layout to do! I hope you are not tiring of wedding layouts!! I am doing them as the mood hits..no real plan!!!
Thanks so much for taking a look! I appreciate it!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
The inspiration for this layout was a photo of my son taken in 1984. He was plopped on his sleeping bag in the living room, taking in Christmas shows & off in his on little world! I have wanted to scrap this photo for some time & even had the title picked out, but never found the right papers. I searched Scrapbook.com for papers & when I seen this... I knew it was the paper! It is "Starry Night" by Reminisce. The paper has raised shiny stars & is a beautiful blue! I added Bazzill red card stock & the result is a quick n easy layout!! The paper does all the work!
The white title letters are made by Heidi Swapp, I added a little bit of diamond Stickles to pick up the stars in the paper. The flourishes & chip stars are also from a line called "Starry Night", only these are made by Rusty Pickle! I inked the flourishes with Adirondack cranberry ink, then brushed on some Xmas Red Stickles. White opal Pearl Drops were added to break up all the red.
The white layered star was inked with StazOn white ink & then brushed with diamond Stickles. I added a few rows of red jewels around border & photo mat. Little loose gold jeweled stars were adhered to bring in a bit of color. I really loved doing this layout! It was soooo Quick N Easy!! The paper did all the work! I was having a hard time not placing a flower on it!! I do love flowers LOL!
Thanks so much for taking a look at my layout! I appreciate it very much!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The papers used are made by KaiserCraft from the Elegance line. They are part of the Premier kit made by the Swirlydoos kit club. I punched & re punched the edges to make it appear to be tattered lace. All distressing was done with 2 inks- Distress walnut stain & Distress aged mahogany.
The Maya Road flourishes were inked with Tim Holtz Rum Raisin alcohol ink. The bird was printed on cards stock, hand cut & distressed. I placed it on the a flourish to give it sort of a bird on branch appearance. The bird from Lunagirl Images. A wonderful site!!!
The silk Prima flowers were lightly distressed. I then added flower layers that I made with my Big Shot using papers in the layout. All bloom edges were inked lightly. I then added them to the flourishes in the pattern paper to give them a cluster feel! Fired Brick Stickles were used to highlight & Ranger gold Liquid Pearls were used as flower centers.
BasicGrey letters were inked with the Ranger rum raisin alcohol ink. I also added droplets of the gold Liquid Pearls in the layout to highlight. I have been wanting to scrap this photo for some time & this kit worked beautifully! Thanks so much for taking a look!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
I used 3 different paper collections ...they all seemed to work together. I used BasicGrey's Infuse for the large circle, K&CO Blue Awning for the small circle & gold background paper & lastly , My Little Yellow Bicycle's Vita Bella for the background blue.