Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chip off the Old Block

The inspiration for this layout is my wonderful son & hubby! The photo was taken on Nicks wedding day as they were starting to get ready for the big event! My hubby was Nick best man... that was soooo special! Nick really is a chip off the old block! They are both great guys!
I used 3 different paper collections ...they all seemed to work together. I used BasicGrey's Infuse for the large circle, K&CO Blue Awning for the small circle & gold background paper & lastly , My Little Yellow Bicycle's Vita Bella for the background blue.
The photo was matted using card stock & Fiskars effervescent border punch. I distressed all raw edges with Distress walnut stain & Rangers Prussian Blue From the Nick Bantock line. If you are not familiar with the Nick Bantock inks you should check them out! They are rich,warm jewel tones!!
The paper edges were punched with threading water punch & distressed with the walnut stain/ The Fancy Pants flourishes & Maya Road alpha were inked with the Prussian Blues ink. I added a few blue jewels to the circle to bring the blues into the papers.
The flower were made with a retro punch as the base, layered with papers used in layout & cut with my Big Shot. I added a small retro punch on the top & attached with a brad. All edges were distressed with the inks. I added a few small paper flourishes near the flow for "flow". Lastly I mounted 3 circles on chip & added small flower & gem to each corner! This was a fun layout to do! Thank you so much for taking a look!!!

6 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Oh Lynn - this is jut breathtaking! I love the color palet you used! Just so detailed and beautiful! Bravo!

Maggi said...

I love the little touches of bling!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Oh wow....
What a beautiful page!!!!!
Love the paper combinations and I love all the detail work.
Awesome page!

Peggy said...

Another gorgeous LO Lynn, I love those swirls, they bring a lovely movement in the LO, and your flowers are just amazing!! Beautiful photo too, your husband looks so proud!
xxx Peggy

Anonymous said...

Stunning. I just love jewel tones, this is just beautiful!! Your flower is so pretty!

Julia said...

Another fantastic layout Lynn.Love how you comine everything the flourishes and the blossoms it all works so well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin