Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swirlydoos Guest DT May Project Add-on Kit

I made this fantastic hanging frame using the May Project Add-on Kit from Swirlydoos! The kit includes this everything needed to make this Kaisercraft Hanging Flourish Frame & Bay Windows. It features the Crackle Technique posted in the technique section of Swirlydoos.


I did a "twist" with the crackle technique by using the darker paint as base coat & lighter coat as top coat! I was very happy with the results! The base coat is Decoart Dazzling Metallic Copper. I allowed each coat to dry an hour as I live in a very humid climate & humidity REALLY effects the crackle medium.



Next the FolkArt Crackle Medium was applied. I did apply it rather generously as I wanted to have larger crackle effects.
After an hour I then applied the top coat-Folk Art Linen acrylic paint & allowed it to dry. All of the paints are included in the kit & directions are on the Swirlydoos site.



I used the lace as connectors of each frame & adhered it to back with Tombow Mono glue... It is never coming ooff LOL!!



Last I took a bit of the copper paint & painted paper flowers & added them to kit included Prima flowers. A few leafy flourishesleft over from a layout, Kaisercraft pearls & a jute hanger are used to finish it off! I was very happy with the wonderful crackles.... It turned out just what I wanted! Thanks so much for taking a peek!!


2 comments:

Maggi said...

The crackle effect is awesome!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

ohhhhhhhh, you have no idea how much I love this amazing project!!!!!
Great work!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin