Friday, August 7, 2009

PRETEND

Hi Friends! I am so happy to be scrapping again! We are getting settled after a quick sale & love new home! I hope to do a layout soon to share with everyone! I have missed my wonderful friends.. thanks for hanging with me!
The inspiration for this layout is my adorable niece Anna. Anna loves to pretend. She is quiet when she pretends & usually whispers. I wanted to convey a dreamy sort of quiet feeling in the layout & the Basic Grey Wisteria papers were just the ticket! They were featured in the June 09 Limited Edition kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

The flower base is the Basic Grey Wisteria chipboard stickers. I added a couple layers of punched flowers, using various punches & dies to give them some dimension. I used the papers used in layout & lightly distressed them with Distress Ink-Faded Jeans, Milled Lavender, & Scattered Straw. Green jeweled bling was adhered for center.


I punched those pretty papers with a Martha Stewart border punch & distressed it with the Faded Jeans ink. The leafy vine is from the Wisteria Chip pack highlighted with Stickles eucalyptus.

The title work was originally white letters from the Basic Grey Euphoria line. I painted them with a combination of 2 Ranger Alcohol inks-Wild Plum & Stonewashed. I then added some of the Blending Solution to lighten the color. A quick top coat of Lavender Stickles completed the process.

I highlighted the chip flowers with Stickles-lavender, Eucalyptus, & Waterfall. Say it with Crystal flourishes were cut & scattered on the center circle.
I was happy with the results!! It felt so great to create again!
Thanks my friends for taking a peek!! You are the best!

13 comments:

Annmarie said...

Welcome back, Lynn!!! I missed seeing all of your beautiful creations. COngrats on your new home. Love your blog just like I love your work....Glad your back.

Annmarie

Peggy said...

Hi Lynn, glad to see you're back!!! Congrats on your new home, I hope you'll share some pics soon.
Your LO is lovely as usual ... I still don't know how you manage to get so many details onto one page, it amazes me every single time.
Love xxx Peggy

Julia said...

Lynn it is so good to see you scrapping again. Love your Pretend layout!! Really pleased you are happy in your new home and are getting settled in now. Look forward to seeing some pics later. Hugs xoxoxo

sue said...

absolutly love your pages they are so inspirational and full of hints and tips, very generous of you x sue x

Vicki said...

Hi Lynn! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have missed your wonderful LOs. Your work has always amazed me! Congratulations on the new home! I too, have been busy and haven't had much time to get to SB.C or Swirlydoos! I miss them!

Michelle said...

I am so glad that you are back!! I have missed your wonderful layouts and fab ideas!!
I am glad to hear that you have settled into your new home! I am in the same process and know how it goes!!
LOVE THE LAYOUT!!!!

Mireille said...

so good to see you again!
lovely layout!!!

mandysea said...

Hi Lynn!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I've just had a wonderful time looking through your fabulous creations!! Love the colours you chose....gorgeous detail!

Sandy said...

Wowzers...your site is amazing...i'm adding a link on my blog right now so i can visit often!!!

Sandy said...

Hi, me again... your site is so inpirational..i have a blog award for you if you'd like...please visit and pick it up...
http://detailsbysandy.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Welcome back,you've been missed. Brenda

Maggi said...

This is beautiful! So glad to have you back and scrapping again!

deb said...

WOW! You do such fab work!!*hugs*deb

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin