Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ruffles & Lace



Hello Friends! I hope this finds everyone doing well & enjoying the month of May! 
I have been so inspired by all the wonderful vintage layouts & Altered Art challenge blogs on the web that I had to go vintage! I love old pics & all they allow you to do! So the inspiration for this layout is vintage me!
 I was not really a foo foo girl, but I had this dress -pictured above, that I LOVED! It was stiff, itchy & ohhh sooo pretty!! I can still see it & all it's over the top glory~ It was all Ruffles & Lace! 
I thought the Basic Grey Capella papers were perfect! I also wanted to use my stash of Fancy Pants chip flourishes that have seemed to be unused as of late!




I layered the papers and added some lace to the back of the circle. All edges were inked with Distress Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap & Worn Lipstick ink. I covered the flourishes with the background paper used in layout, then filed & inked all edges & dabbed the topside.



The flowers are Prima Gerber Daisy & seemed to work so well with the papers! I added  a Maya Road Trinket pin to the center of the floral cluster for some added detail. 

 I then dotted the flourishes & papers with Ranger Liquid Pearls Petal Pink & Gold.
The small flowers & bird are from  Basic Grey- Curio Chip Collection.

A journaling board (also Basic Grey) was inked & dotted with the Liquid Pearls. I added some tiny alpha title work to complete the layout! What fun I had recalling the dress!!
 I took a couple pics as I was covering the flourishes & I think I will post my process of covering flourishes, if anyone is interested?!! 
Also, I will be doing a blog makeover in the near future & will be having some Give-Aways, so keep checking back!!  I think I am going to a 3 column blog & maybe some tabs too! Still in the planning mode, but should be sooner than later if things go as planned!
Once again, I need to let all know that you guys are awesome!!
Thanks for stopping by & taking a peek! 
Lynn :)

8 comments:

sue said...

love the style Lynn this is totally gorgeous and I just love the over the top dress lol x sue x

Sandi Smith said...

So nice to see a layout from you Lynn....your creation is beautiful! Love it!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Lynn this is just stunning!!!! I love the picture with the special dress!!!!!!

Such awesome colors....and details...you are Spectacular!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day sweet friend!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Cindy Gay said...

You haven't changed a bit. Lovely then, lovely now. Beautiful backdrop.

Dara Lynn said...

Beautiful page Lynn! I just did one of me when I was 8 -- my mother made my green and white lace dress! :) It was itchy too!!! lol Love all the details...bring that tutorial on girlie! :)

Heather Landry said...

Your layout is absolutely stunning! It brings back memories of when I was little too. I loved those big, poofy, lace dresses! My Mom made me one that was white and had red hearts all over it. =0)

deb famularo said...

Hi Lynn!!! SO great to hear from you!! You are so adroable in this picture! And I love the layout, the swirls are awesome!!!!! SO pretty!!!! Yes, you can come on over and play anytime!!! xOxO

Cindy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the chipboard flourishes!! Thanks for showing us how to do them!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin