Saturday, January 16, 2010

CELEBRATE SPECIAL TIMES

Hello Friends! So nice to be scrapbooking again!
The inspiration for this layout is a fantastic photo of my dear hubby & sweet daughter in law. The photo was taken at my nephews reception. He married overseas & had the party a few months later. It was on the rooftop of the 4 Seasons in downtown St Louis overlooking the arch & riverfront... beautiful! We were all celebrating special times!!!
I used the November 15 sketch by Liz Qualman & the Oct 2009 Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook. The kit features 7Gypsies "Victoria" papers. Liz's sketch showed 2 pics & i decided I like the pic so much that I would use it twice !!!


I cut the background shield from the paper using a die cut that I bought just to use as a template. I always look for shapes in the clearance sections both online & in store & use them as templates at a later date. The flowers were easy & quick. I made them using various punches & dies, & inked the edges with Distress Black Soot & Distress Worn Lipstick. I also mounted the finished flower on a round piece of chipboard to give it more depth. I used to mount with foam squares... but recently have started using scrap chip board. The corner decor is cut using a CuttleBug die.
I doubled matted the photos to bring out the colors & make the photo pop! The scalloped paper was punched with the Fiskars Threading Water punch. I then placed small round punched circles behind the hole to bring the black into the scallops!

The letters in the title work are Webster Pages Storytellers & originally were pink! I inked them with Ranger black alcohol ink. The flourish is a large Sizzix die cut from black card stock & dotted with yellow Liquid Pearls. The ferny leaf is a Martha Stewart punch that I love! I then dotted around the shield border with pink & yellow Liquid Pearls .
I loved doing this layout~ It was quick , easy & fun!!!
Thanks again for taking a peek~ and also for your comments!
You guys are the best!!! :D

16 comments:

sue said...

so lovely to have you back, happy new year from snowy sheffield uk, as always you never disappoint beautiful love the accents, the colours, everything,love it x sue x

Jocelyn said...

Just Stunning...so glad to see you back scrapping!!!!

Have a great weekend sweet friend!!! :-)

April said...

Lynn, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I adore the colors and all of the little details are just perfect. Beauitful work!
- April

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a stunning layout...I love every little detail you worked into it.

Sandy said...

Glorious layout Lynn...so happy to see your scrappy posts again...I've missed your inpiration!

deb famularo said...

Hi! So good to see you back! This is beautiful work as always! xoxO deb

jacque4u2c said...

This is so stunning and elegant! I miss your layouts!!! So beautiful!!!!!!!

Isabel De Pauw said...

beautiful !!
love the swirls and great color choice.

Mieke said...

Good to see you scrapping again! Love your work, the pink and the swirls.... super!

Karen Lee said...

Such a beautiful layout Lynn! Your work always inspires me.

xoxo Karen Lee

Okispice said...

I always love your pages with the lovely color combos on black and the strong titling you do. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too.

Tina said...

amazing layout - absolutely love all that is going on - you put so much into your work - simply beautiful.

tina
mommyscrapsalot.blogspot.com

Maggi said...

This is a beautiful layout! I love the use of black with the pink and orange!

deb said...

Just gorgeous! Love the swirls!
*hugs*deb

Meg Giroux said...

Lynn,
This is beautiful! I love the pretty swirls in the corners...
Glad to see you back scrapping!!!

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

OMGoodness! Simply Stunning!! Gorgeous!!! The pics are so pretty and the design is FABULOUS!!!! Love your music on the blog!! Thanks, Dawn

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin