Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Easy Filled-Punched Scallop Technique

This is a simple way to add some color contrast to punched scallops! I like to do this when I want to have another color, other than the card stock or printed paper that would normally show through.
In this example, I have made a scallop-edged mat as a backing on a photo. Using the color I want as my "punch filler" I punched the scallops with the "paw print" punch and also punched round circles (slightly smaller than the actual scallop),

Next step is to simply glue the circles on the backside of scalloped mat. I find it easier to place the glue on the scallop vs the punch. This way I am certain that the glue will not show through.


Then, just flip over & put it in place! I think it looks better to distress the punch shape a bit with the same ink as the scalloped edges. But then again I distress everything! I would distress this blog if I could figure out how!!! LoL
Thanks so much for taking a look :)

2 comments:

said...

Lynn, I love the doggie paw punch and your technique!! Brilliant layout!!

Tereza Crump said...

Lynn, that is a super smart idea!! :) Merry Christmas!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin