Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Make Those Gift Cards Special!


I was determined to add a personal touch to a batch of gift cards I purchased. So I grabbed my Basic Grey Figgy Pudding & Wassail Collections & here is what I came up with!

The basic supplies I used are shown above. Corner rounder, corner rounder w/slit, threading water punch, & bone folder for scoring!
After some trial & error I found that this really works best with 2 sided paper! I cut my paper 4"x7" & an additional flap piece cut 1.5" X 4 ".
I scored & folded my paper at 2.5" from bottom & 5.5" from bottom.
I then punched using threading water punch on top flap & corner rounder with slit on bottom.
The slit holds the gift card. If you do not have a rounder w/slit , You can do this with a regular rounder & cutting along curve with craft knife!
I then took the additional cut flap piece & adhered it to inside score with opposite side showing as an accent!

Next I rounded the accented papers corners & added 4 eyelets as shown below! This was not measured, just eyeballed! Just remember to have them on the flap & directly under the flap. It does not have to be perfect !
I also distress all raw edges, including the scoring. I think it adds a nice finished touch!
I ran ribbon through the eyelets.
I have also done some with fibers, cord etc! I think twine would look great too!

Now just fold over & pull ribbon to sides! Presto!

Embellish, Stickle, Ink, and you are good to go!
I hope you have enjoyed making those gift cards special!
Thanks for taking a look!!!

2 comments:

**luci** said...

these are just gorgeous, love them alot Lynn, you did a awesome job on these.

said...

Fantastic idea and so festive too!! I just may have to give these a try!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin