Sunday, December 7, 2008

Count Your Lucky Stars


The inspiration for this layout is my daughter-in-law, Stephanie. She is a great person & I could not ask for a better person for my son! We get along wonderfully, and every day I am thankful & count my lucky stars! The layout was selected to be in the October 2008 Scrapbook News & Review Ezine!
The printed paper is from the BasicGrey Mellow collection. It was distressed with Tim Holtz aged mahogany ink. The circle printed paper was from the Prima Kilarney collection. I used the old "bowl" circle template, hand cut & distressed with aged mahogany distress ink!


Layered flowers were made from distressed patterned papers, & the Imaginese Build a Blossom set , A gold button was added to the center.
Stars were made using covered chipboard distressing
The solid card stock is Bazzill. Bazzill has some wonderfully rich tones!

The Fancy Pants flourishes were inked with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink & dabbed with a bit of the aged mahogany. The picture flourishes were cut with my Big hot using a Cuttlebug die.
I added a few springs in the layout for some dimension & as fillers. This was a fun layout to do!
Thanks so much for taking a look :)

1 comment:

Lonewalker said...

Wonderful LO!! I love the colours and the flowers. I just found your blog and find it really inspiring. I'll come back! =)
Have a nice week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin