Monday, January 5, 2009

1916

The inspiration for this layout is a photo of my Grandma that I found in a box of older pics. The only information I have about the photo was the date which was wrote on the back... 1916.
I used My Minds Eye, Wild Asparagus printed paper along with Bazzil solid card stock. I altered the photo to a sepia/brown & distressed all edges of the photo paper with Tim Holtz Distress- aged mahogany & walnut stain. I decided that I wanted to "pull" the colors in the printed paper, so I used both inks on all distressing in the lay out.
The Fiskars "threading water" scallop punch was used to make scalloped mat under photo. This too was distressed with both inks. My blooms were made with my Big Shot, using paper layers, inked & put together with a vintage look button. I then added some an altered gem for the center & Burgundy Stickles to highlight.

The large chip flourish is from Fancy Pants & was inked using the Distress Aged Mahogany.
The jewels/gems that are in the layout were originally clear. I used the Ranger Cranberry alcohol ink- to color the gems. I also used the Ranger Latte & Raisin alcohol ink on the metal vintage tags, to give them a more distressed look. They are made by Sticko & were originally very copper in color. I covered raw chip photo corners the with the same background paper & placed on photo.
The timepiece is a rub on by Imaginisce. I punched 2 scallops circles, distressed them both & simply adhered timepiece. I then set the timepiece in the flourish!
This was an enjoyable layout to do! Once again I distressed almost every item used on the layout!
Thanks so much for taking a look :D


8 comments:

April said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the colors you used and all of your inking is just perfect. Love it!

Andria Brooke said...

I love all of your pages you do. I am a beginner scrapbooker and you are such an inspiration for me!!! I have one question though if you don't mind me asking I notice you use a lot of scrolls in your or should I say swirls on your pages. How do you make those? Do you cut them by hand? Is there a machine or cartridge you use? Thanks abunch! :)

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

There it is.....got my answer....you used the bigshot to make the blooms!!.....this layout is SPECTACULAR!!!!! and what a great find the photo is, beautiful work Lynn!!

~Gabi xx

Lynn Biermann said...

The Swirls are made with my Big shot machine!!

phamil said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I had to check yours out and I love it! I also love this page, I did when I saw it, the swirls and the colors are awesome, and that vintage photo is stunning!!!! the huge blooms are gorgeous! Off to browse through your older posts!

Sue said...

Wow Lynn this is a stunner are you working on your FH?

Angela said...

Oh My!!! Lyn

This is one gorgeous LO hun, love everything about this and those flowers OMG!!!! Great work and keep smiling.

Hugs Angie xox

Jane Smith said...

This flower is stunning...you do amazing work! Xjs. PS thanks for the share re the punches guide - that IS very helpful..have a great day

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin