Monday, January 16, 2012

TIME SPINS AWAY

 Hello Friends! Well I finally finished this layout! I started it in summer of 2011& became so stuck that I had to set it aside ...for what seemed like forever. But better late than never as they say.
The inspiration for the layout was a photo of my husband taken in late 50's. We have less than 10 photos of my husband from childhood through his teens- so the ones we have are very precious to me! It may be a bit grainy... but I still love it!  I seen the spinning top & my mind started thinking...Time Spins Away! And that is so true!
I wanted to use yummy retro look papers. This is a combo of Pink Paislee & Girls Paperie Vintage Travel papers.


 I inked & matted the photo yo make the pic pop off the papers by using a black matt. I really wanted to convey somewhat of a spinning feel.. so I did the letters in the round. They are Tim Holtz grungeboard letters inked with black alcohol ink. After I placed the lettering , I stitched the inner circle, then adhered the lettering.  The corner deco is chip from the Starry Night collection by Rusty Pickle. ( I miss Rusty Pickle.. I always loved their items) It was inked & stickled with  Black Diamond Stickles.


 The clock is made by Jolee's Boutique & was mounted on Grungeboard wings to convey time flying. They were inked with black alcohol ink & stickled with the Black Diamond. I then added it to a Bo Bunny Flower Child chip flower, & inked it with Distress Aged Mahogany & Black Soot.


Again, I used Bo Bunny Flower Child chip board to add some interest to the other side! I scattered some stars about the whole layout to give some detail to those empty areas. 

 I really had a good time with this layout. When I started many months ago I was completely uninspired... then poof ... I knew what I wanted to do & it felt great!
Thanks so much for visiting & taking a peek at my blog! I appreciate it so very much :)

12 comments:

April said...

What a great page Lynn! Love the colors...
- April

sue said...

oh lynn it is so great to see you back again and with so much insipiration. i may even get back to crafting again, thanks for your tutorials x sue x

Jocelyn said...

Loveeeee this one Lynn.....what a great title to go with that Fabulous pic....the details are amazing!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous Day!!!

Cindy Gay said...

What a great layout!

Nanne said...

That is amazing.. I love the way you set the title and all the little stars.. That photo is definitely precious and you've done an awesome job with your layout..
Hugs
Nanné

Jill Sarginson said...

this is awesome .... i love how you created the title ... !! great work!! :)

LisiB said...

it was worth taking the time for this LO. It turned out just perfect

Yvonne said...

Fabulous layout, Lynn!

Izzy Anderson said...

Such attention to detail. Beautiful work. Love this.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your page is beautiful Lynn...your eye for detail and style is amazing.

Sandi Clarkson said...

What an awesome page, Lynn .. funny how we can get stuck but looks like you overcame that in a big way! Love the details. So good to see you scrapping again!

Tan's Hobbies said...

What a great layout, Lynn. Your design is just brilliant. Love the details, love the colour, love all the ornaments that you used =P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin